Though online dating sites are growing in popularity with every passing day, underground mainstay Wordsmith prefers to keep things a little more old-school. On the latest leak off his forthcoming freshman album, the Baltimore up-and-comer lets listeners know that, if they’re looking for a good time, they need only place a call to his Hook up Hotline and he’ll fix them up with someone suitably freaky – females can even get “a little bump ‘n’ grind” from Word himself, if they so desire. A hedonistic, retro-informed jam like this one is nothing without an appropriately swanky beat, and producer Strada serves up a certifiable scorcher, backing the emcee’s sales pitch with a bouncy blend of glossy synths and electronic handclaps. Wordsmith’s Vintage Experience isn’t set to drop till March 30, but those who like what they’re hearing can click here to check out the Seannie Cameras-directed music video, featuring Durkl Clothing‘s official Hook-Up Hotline jacket (Seriously, the song has an official jacket – how cool is that?).
Written by richard on 01/21/10
Submit your Rating
Nu Revolution Ent. LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Judged in Da Cipha ft. RhymeZwell & Black Knight" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.