Though online dating sites are growing in popularity with every passing day, underground mainstay Wordsmith prefers to keep things a little more old-school. On the latest leak off his forthcoming freshman album, the Baltimore up-and-comer lets listeners know that, if they’re looking for a good time, they need only place a call to his Hook up Hotline and he’ll fix them up with someone suitably freaky – females can even get “a little bump ‘n’ grind” from Word himself, if they so desire. A hedonistic, retro-informed jam like this one is nothing without an appropriately swanky beat, and producer Strada serves up a certifiable scorcher, backing the emcee’s sales pitch with a bouncy blend of glossy synths and electronic handclaps. Wordsmith’s Vintage Experience isn’t set to drop till March 30, but those who like what they’re hearing can click here to check out the Seannie Cameras-directed music video, featuring Durkl Clothing‘s official Hook-Up Hotline jacket (Seriously, the song has an official jacket – how cool is that?).
Listen to More: Wordsmith Written by richard
Nu Revolution Ent. LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Judged in Da Cipha ft. RhymeZwell & Black Knight" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.