Though online dating sites are growing in popularity with every passing day, underground mainstay Wordsmith prefers to keep things a little more old-school. On the latest leak off his forthcoming freshman album, the Baltimore up-and-comer lets listeners know that, if they’re looking for a good time, they need only place a call to his Hook up Hotline and he’ll fix them up with someone suitably freaky – females can even get “a little bump ‘n’ grind” from Word himself, if they so desire. A hedonistic, retro-informed jam like this one is nothing without an appropriately swanky beat, and producer Strada serves up a certifiable scorcher, backing the emcee’s sales pitch with a bouncy blend of glossy synths and electronic handclaps. Wordsmith’s Vintage Experience isn’t set to drop till March 30, but those who like what they’re hearing can click here to check out the Seannie Cameras-directed music video, featuring Durkl Clothing‘s official Hook-Up Hotline jacket (Seriously, the song has an official jacket – how cool is that?).
Listen to More: Wordsmith
Written by richard on 01/21/10
Nu Revolution Ent. LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Judged in Da Cipha ft. RhymeZwell & Black Knight" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.