Though online dating sites are growing in popularity with every passing day, underground mainstay Wordsmith prefers to keep things a little more old-school. On the latest leak off his forthcoming freshman album, the Baltimore up-and-comer lets listeners know that, if they’re looking for a good time, they need only place a call to his Hook up Hotline and he’ll fix them up with someone suitably freaky – females can even get “a little bump ‘n’ grind” from Word himself, if they so desire. A hedonistic, retro-informed jam like this one is nothing without an appropriately swanky beat, and producer Strada serves up a certifiable scorcher, backing the emcee’s sales pitch with a bouncy blend of glossy synths and electronic handclaps. Wordsmith’s Vintage Experience isn’t set to drop till March 30, but those who like what they’re hearing can click here to check out the Seannie Cameras-directed music video, featuring Durkl Clothing‘s official Hook-Up Hotline jacket (Seriously, the song has an official jacket – how cool is that?).
Written by richard on 01/21/10
Submit your Rating
Nu Revolution Ent. LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Judged in Da Cipha ft. RhymeZwell & Black Knight" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.