This summer, underground favorite Wordsmith and veteran emcee Chubb Rock plan on Bridging the Gap between hip-hop’s old and new schools. For those who can’t wait, though, Word’s also provided a little something to enjoy in the meantime: the A Crack In the Bridge mixtape, composed of promo records not available on the album proper. On Music for the Milennium, a newly-released cut off the street album, Word teams up with Soulstice (of Wade Waters fame) to deliver some spaced-out meditations on how they’ll bring music into the year 3000 and beyond—now that’s planning ahead! Barring some big-time advances in cryogenic technology, it’s doubtful any of us will live that long (heck, by that point the human race might not even be around), but the innovation-celebrating sentiment, as well as Capish‘s blindingly-glossy synth backdrop, make this an easy record to get behind. A Crack in the Bridge just dropped today, and is available for free download online.
Written by richard on 03/23/09
Submit your Rating
Nu Revolution Ent. LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Judged in Da Cipha ft. RhymeZwell & Black Knight" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)