This summer, underground favorite Wordsmith and veteran emcee Chubb Rock plan on Bridging the Gap between hip-hop’s old and new schools. For those who can’t wait, though, Word’s also provided a little something to enjoy in the meantime: the A Crack In the Bridge mixtape, composed of promo records not available on the album proper. On Music for the Milennium, a newly-released cut off the street album, Word teams up with Soulstice (of Wade Waters fame) to deliver some spaced-out meditations on how they’ll bring music into the year 3000 and beyond—now that’s planning ahead! Barring some big-time advances in cryogenic technology, it’s doubtful any of us will live that long (heck, by that point the human race might not even be around), but the innovation-celebrating sentiment, as well as Capish‘s blindingly-glossy synth backdrop, make this an easy record to get behind. A Crack in the Bridge just dropped today, and is available for free download online.
Written by richard on 03/23/09
Submit your Rating
Nu Revolution Ent. LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Judged in Da Cipha ft. RhymeZwell & Black Knight" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.