This summer, underground favorite Wordsmith and veteran emcee Chubb Rock plan on Bridging the Gap between hip-hop’s old and new schools. For those who can’t wait, though, Word’s also provided a little something to enjoy in the meantime: the A Crack In the Bridge mixtape, composed of promo records not available on the album proper. On Music for the Milennium, a newly-released cut off the street album, Word teams up with Soulstice (of Wade Waters fame) to deliver some spaced-out meditations on how they’ll bring music into the year 3000 and beyond—now that’s planning ahead! Barring some big-time advances in cryogenic technology, it’s doubtful any of us will live that long (heck, by that point the human race might not even be around), but the innovation-celebrating sentiment, as well as Capish‘s blindingly-glossy synth backdrop, make this an easy record to get behind. A Crack in the Bridge just dropped today, and is available for free download online.
Written by richard on 03/23/09
Nu Revolution Ent. LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Judged in Da Cipha ft. RhymeZwell & Black Knight" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.