While poetry and art don’t know dollar signs and class, I don’t think a white-collar poet would be successful. I mean, would you want to hear someone rhyme about their stocks, trust funds or Swiss bank accounts? I didn’t think so. Luckily, Wordsmith is giving us regular, non-CEO folk a voice on new promo single Blue Collar Poet. JS aka The Best sets the mood on the production tip, cooking up a chiming, brisk instrumental that boasts a slick piano riff. Atop the beat, Wordsmith pays lyrical tribute to all the 9-5ers in the house, exhibiting an edgy flow sure to have listeners hanging on his every word. There is no word on anything larger yet, but you can keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest from the DMV repper.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/20/13
Nu Revolution Ent. LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Judged in Da Cipha ft. RhymeZwell & Black Knight" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.