While poetry and art don’t know dollar signs and class, I don’t think a white-collar poet would be successful. I mean, would you want to hear someone rhyme about their stocks, trust funds or Swiss bank accounts? I didn’t think so. Luckily, Wordsmith is giving us regular, non-CEO folk a voice on new promo single Blue Collar Poet. JS aka The Best sets the mood on the production tip, cooking up a chiming, brisk instrumental that boasts a slick piano riff. Atop the beat, Wordsmith pays lyrical tribute to all the 9-5ers in the house, exhibiting an edgy flow sure to have listeners hanging on his every word. There is no word on anything larger yet, but you can keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest from the DMV repper.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/20/13
Submit your Rating
Nu Revolution Ent. LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Judged in Da Cipha ft. RhymeZwell & Black Knight" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.