While poetry and art don’t know dollar signs and class, I don’t think a white-collar poet would be successful. I mean, would you want to hear someone rhyme about their stocks, trust funds or Swiss bank accounts? I didn’t think so. Luckily, Wordsmith is giving us regular, non-CEO folk a voice on new promo single Blue Collar Poet. JS aka The Best sets the mood on the production tip, cooking up a chiming, brisk instrumental that boasts a slick piano riff. Atop the beat, Wordsmith pays lyrical tribute to all the 9-5ers in the house, exhibiting an edgy flow sure to have listeners hanging on his every word. There is no word on anything larger yet, but you can keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest from the DMV repper.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/20/13
Submit your Rating
Nu Revolution Ent. LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Judged in Da Cipha ft. RhymeZwell & Black Knight" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.