While poetry and art don’t know dollar signs and class, I don’t think a white-collar poet would be successful. I mean, would you want to hear someone rhyme about their stocks, trust funds or Swiss bank accounts? I didn’t think so. Luckily, Wordsmith is giving us regular, non-CEO folk a voice on new promo single Blue Collar Poet. JS aka The Best sets the mood on the production tip, cooking up a chiming, brisk instrumental that boasts a slick piano riff. Atop the beat, Wordsmith pays lyrical tribute to all the 9-5ers in the house, exhibiting an edgy flow sure to have listeners hanging on his every word. There is no word on anything larger yet, but you can keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest from the DMV repper.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/20/13
Submit your Rating
Nu Revolution Ent. LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Judged in Da Cipha ft. RhymeZwell & Black Knight" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.