While poetry and art don’t know dollar signs and class, I don’t think a white-collar poet would be successful. I mean, would you want to hear someone rhyme about their stocks, trust funds or Swiss bank accounts? I didn’t think so. Luckily, Wordsmith is giving us regular, non-CEO folk a voice on new promo single Blue Collar Poet. JS aka The Best sets the mood on the production tip, cooking up a chiming, brisk instrumental that boasts a slick piano riff. Atop the beat, Wordsmith pays lyrical tribute to all the 9-5ers in the house, exhibiting an edgy flow sure to have listeners hanging on his every word. There is no word on anything larger yet, but you can keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest from the DMV repper.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/20/13
Submit your Rating
Nu Revolution Ent. LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Judged in Da Cipha ft. RhymeZwell & Black Knight" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)