Most fellas not on heavy doses of Viagra need a little down-time between rounds of action in the bedroom – not Woody. On the artist/producer’s first feature as a headliner, the West Coast up-and-comer gives listeners a possible insight into where that stage name may have originated (nudge, wink, etc), boasting of his ability to give it to his girl Over & Over Again. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the record finds Woody doing double duty on the mic and behind the boards, cooking up a spacey synth instrumental befitting the steamy subject matter as well as delivering a sexed up opening verse and sung hook. For the second half, he hands the mic to ESSO, his collaborator on Michael Jackson tribute album Off the Wall. In his closing bars, the Harlem emcee indulges in some similarly risqué lyricism, boasting of his versatility in the sack in addition to his stamina. “I don’t do cruise control, I switch speeds up, deeper and deeper till she told me speed up.” Those who find themselves compelled to listen to this cut Over & Over can find plenty more rewind-worthy joints on Woody’s LoveLife LP, due out October 6.
Written by richard on 09/15/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make Believe" (2010)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.