Most fellas not on heavy doses of Viagra need a little down-time between rounds of action in the bedroom – not Woody. On the artist/producer’s first feature as a headliner, the West Coast up-and-comer gives listeners a possible insight into where that stage name may have originated (nudge, wink, etc), boasting of his ability to give it to his girl Over & Over Again. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the record finds Woody doing double duty on the mic and behind the boards, cooking up a spacey synth instrumental befitting the steamy subject matter as well as delivering a sexed up opening verse and sung hook. For the second half, he hands the mic to ESSO, his collaborator on Michael Jackson tribute album Off the Wall. In his closing bars, the Harlem emcee indulges in some similarly risqué lyricism, boasting of his versatility in the sack in addition to his stamina. “I don’t do cruise control, I switch speeds up, deeper and deeper till she told me speed up.” Those who find themselves compelled to listen to this cut Over & Over can find plenty more rewind-worthy joints on Woody’s LoveLife LP, due out October 6.
Written by richard on 09/15/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make Believe" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.