When you have a track with two well known emcees backing up someone less known for their vocal work, there’s always concern for the possibility of Diddy Syndrome (one guy without any talent manages to bring down the entire song). Thankfully, this is far from the case on the latest solo feature from Woody, who made his DJBooth debut with Over and Over Again and has now brought along some friends, Charles Hamilton and XV, for his new record Make Believe. Best known for his production work, Woody makes sure that his talents are utilized where they are most commonly heard (behind the boards), but he also manages to vocally stand on his own two beside Hamilton and XV, a feat most producers would find challenging, to say the least. The laid back vibe helps to easily transition from one artist to another, but as always, it’s hard to find a way to make Vizzy not stand out on a track. If you liked this successful crossover, be sure to keep a lookout for Woody’s latest project, LoveLife, due out October 6.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Over & Over Again" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!