When you have a track with two well known emcees backing up someone less known for their vocal work, there’s always concern for the possibility of Diddy Syndrome (one guy without any talent manages to bring down the entire song). Thankfully, this is far from the case on the latest solo feature from Woody, who made his DJBooth debut with Over and Over Again and has now brought along some friends, Charles Hamilton and XV, for his new record Make Believe. Best known for his production work, Woody makes sure that his talents are utilized where they are most commonly heard (behind the boards), but he also manages to vocally stand on his own two beside Hamilton and XV, a feat most producers would find challenging, to say the least. The laid back vibe helps to easily transition from one artist to another, but as always, it’s hard to find a way to make Vizzy not stand out on a track. If you liked this successful crossover, be sure to keep a lookout for Woody’s latest project, LoveLife, due out October 6.
Written by Sigurd on 09/30/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Over & Over Again" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.