Save for a few crazy people with a vendetta against tooth enamel, nobody would chow down on a lime all by itself—it’s just too damn sour. Woody‘s instrumentals, on the other hand, go down smooth with or without the added ingredient of vocals. As evidence, I present the first song release off his forthcoming, DJBooth-sponsored beat tape. On Fell, the artist/producer showcases his ability to balance creativity and catchiness with texture and nuance, creating a chilled-out arrangement that builds from stripped-down, accordion-esque synths to an atmospheric, guitar-laced conclusion. If this ain’t headphone music, I’m not sure what is. Those who like what they’re hearing can expect more killer beats on Woody’s LIMES tape, scheduled to hit our front page September 5. In them meantime, why not check out his last project, Woody x Kanye West Remixed?
Written by richard on 08/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Over & Over Again" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.