Save for a few crazy people with a vendetta against tooth enamel, nobody would chow down on a lime all by itself—it’s just too damn sour. Woody‘s instrumentals, on the other hand, go down smooth with or without the added ingredient of vocals. As evidence, I present the first song release off his forthcoming, DJBooth-sponsored beat tape. On Fell, the artist/producer showcases his ability to balance creativity and catchiness with texture and nuance, creating a chilled-out arrangement that builds from stripped-down, accordion-esque synths to an atmospheric, guitar-laced conclusion. If this ain’t headphone music, I’m not sure what is. Those who like what they’re hearing can expect more killer beats on Woody’s LIMES tape, scheduled to hit our front page September 5. In them meantime, why not check out his last project, Woody x Kanye West Remixed?
Written by richard on 08/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Over & Over Again" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.