Ahhh….music about summer love puts me in the mood to take a romantic stroll on the beach during sunset or send some LOL-smiley-faces to my boo during a Facebook chat… :/ Maaaaannn, who am I kidding? That’s some Hollywood biz right there, but Woody gets the picture. The Los Angeles songwriter/producer, known for his work with Talib Kweli, B.o.B. and Mya, makes a sensual record that could be someone’s anthem for the summer of 2011. Woody lets his heart beat on Déjà vu, a drum-filled ballad that speaks of a new love that just happens to remind him of his old girl. While no woman wants to hear that from her man, I’m sure plenty of listeners will find a similar story in the song as it shows Woody’s ability to bridge the gap between hip-hop listeners and more pop-oriented fans. Déjà vu is off Woody’s upcoming album, Chrysalis, which will be available for download on September 12.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 07/21/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Over & Over Again" (2010)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.