Ahhh….music about summer love puts me in the mood to take a romantic stroll on the beach during sunset or send some LOL-smiley-faces to my boo during a Facebook chat… :/ Maaaaannn, who am I kidding? That’s some Hollywood biz right there, but Woody gets the picture. The Los Angeles songwriter/producer, known for his work with Talib Kweli, B.o.B. and Mya, makes a sensual record that could be someone’s anthem for the summer of 2011. Woody lets his heart beat on Déjà vu, a drum-filled ballad that speaks of a new love that just happens to remind him of his old girl. While no woman wants to hear that from her man, I’m sure plenty of listeners will find a similar story in the song as it shows Woody’s ability to bridge the gap between hip-hop listeners and more pop-oriented fans. Déjà vu is off Woody’s upcoming album, Chrysalis, which will be available for download on September 12.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 07/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Over & Over Again" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.