Ahhh….music about summer love puts me in the mood to take a romantic stroll on the beach during sunset or send some LOL-smiley-faces to my boo during a Facebook chat… :/ Maaaaannn, who am I kidding? That’s some Hollywood biz right there, but Woody gets the picture. The Los Angeles songwriter/producer, known for his work with Talib Kweli, B.o.B. and Mya, makes a sensual record that could be someone’s anthem for the summer of 2011. Woody lets his heart beat on Déjà vu, a drum-filled ballad that speaks of a new love that just happens to remind him of his old girl. While no woman wants to hear that from her man, I’m sure plenty of listeners will find a similar story in the song as it shows Woody’s ability to bridge the gap between hip-hop listeners and more pop-oriented fans. Déjà vu is off Woody’s upcoming album, Chrysalis, which will be available for download on September 12.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 07/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Over & Over Again" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.