Ahhh….music about summer love puts me in the mood to take a romantic stroll on the beach during sunset or send some LOL-smiley-faces to my boo during a Facebook chat… :/ Maaaaannn, who am I kidding? That’s some Hollywood biz right there, but Woody gets the picture. The Los Angeles songwriter/producer, known for his work with Talib Kweli, B.o.B. and Mya, makes a sensual record that could be someone’s anthem for the summer of 2011. Woody lets his heart beat on Déjà vu, a drum-filled ballad that speaks of a new love that just happens to remind him of his old girl. While no woman wants to hear that from her man, I’m sure plenty of listeners will find a similar story in the song as it shows Woody’s ability to bridge the gap between hip-hop listeners and more pop-oriented fans. Déjà vu is off Woody’s upcoming album, Chrysalis, which will be available for download on September 12.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 07/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Over & Over Again" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.