Ahhh….music about summer love puts me in the mood to take a romantic stroll on the beach during sunset or send some LOL-smiley-faces to my boo during a Facebook chat… :/ Maaaaannn, who am I kidding? That’s some Hollywood biz right there, but Woody gets the picture. The Los Angeles songwriter/producer, known for his work with Talib Kweli, B.o.B. and Mya, makes a sensual record that could be someone’s anthem for the summer of 2011. Woody lets his heart beat on Déjà vu, a drum-filled ballad that speaks of a new love that just happens to remind him of his old girl. While no woman wants to hear that from her man, I’m sure plenty of listeners will find a similar story in the song as it shows Woody’s ability to bridge the gap between hip-hop listeners and more pop-oriented fans. Déjà vu is off Woody’s upcoming album, Chrysalis, which will be available for download on September 12.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Over & Over Again" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.