We could all name a few songwriters, producers and even actors who have gone on to become successful singers and rappers, but Yoann “Woodkid” Lemoine may be the first video director-turned-recording artist to score a headlining feature on our pages. After listening to LP single I Love You, though, I can’t argue with his decision to step out from behind the camera. Since it was originally released to the ‘net back in February, this poignant jam has received an added dash of guest appeal courtesy of Booth fave Angel Haze, who lends her rapid-fire flows to the opening verse. In addition to turning in a strong vocal performance, Woodkid teams up with Ambroise Willaume to produce the joint’s epic, string-drenched beat. For more quality tunes from this multi-talented Booth newcomer, check out debut album The Golden Age, released via Island Records UK in March.
Written by richard on 06/11/13
Submit your Rating
Island Records UK
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)