We could all name a few songwriters, producers and even actors who have gone on to become successful singers and rappers, but Yoann “Woodkid” Lemoine may be the first video director-turned-recording artist to score a headlining feature on our pages. After listening to LP single I Love You, though, I can’t argue with his decision to step out from behind the camera. Since it was originally released to the ‘net back in February, this poignant jam has received an added dash of guest appeal courtesy of Booth fave Angel Haze, who lends her rapid-fire flows to the opening verse. In addition to turning in a strong vocal performance, Woodkid teams up with Ambroise Willaume to produce the joint’s epic, string-drenched beat. For more quality tunes from this multi-talented Booth newcomer, check out debut album The Golden Age, released via Island Records UK in March.
Written by richard on 06/11/13
Submit your Rating
Island Records UK
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.