Although Wood Boi is an underground artist, you can truly say he’s “Hollywood.” No, not the star-studded L.A. kind, the city in South Florida. In his new single, Back to the Money , Wood divulges his money-making experiences (at age 17), but in a more creative way than most. Cool & Dre protégé C-Ride chips in to add his own air of freshness, laying down his lines similarily to Pushin’ and Sittin’ On My Porch. With a typical Track Bangas’ Miami bass beat and a few vocoder ad libs (sounding suspiciously like T-Pain), Back to the Money will definitely get major spins in South Florida. Who knows, Wood Boi might also be the newest artist in his region to get a major deal?
Written by Burmy on 12/18/07
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.