Although Wood Boi is an underground artist, you can truly say he’s “Hollywood.” No, not the star-studded L.A. kind, the city in South Florida. In his new single, Back to the Money , Wood divulges his money-making experiences (at age 17), but in a more creative way than most. Cool & Dre protégé C-Ride chips in to add his own air of freshness, laying down his lines similarily to Pushin’ and Sittin’ On My Porch. With a typical Track Bangas’ Miami bass beat and a few vocoder ad libs (sounding suspiciously like T-Pain), Back to the Money will definitely get major spins in South Florida. Who knows, Wood Boi might also be the newest artist in his region to get a major deal?
Written by Burmy on 12/18/07
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.