Although Wood Boi is an underground artist, you can truly say he’s “Hollywood.” No, not the star-studded L.A. kind, the city in South Florida. In his new single, Back to the Money , Wood divulges his money-making experiences (at age 17), but in a more creative way than most. Cool & Dre protégé C-Ride chips in to add his own air of freshness, laying down his lines similarily to Pushin’ and Sittin’ On My Porch. With a typical Track Bangas’ Miami bass beat and a few vocoder ad libs (sounding suspiciously like T-Pain), Back to the Money will definitely get major spins in South Florida. Who knows, Wood Boi might also be the newest artist in his region to get a major deal?
Written by Burmy on 12/18/07
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.