While Americans tend to think that music begins and ends at our borders, there are global superstars being made well beyond the U.S.’ reach. Case in point, Korean pop sensations The Wonder Girls, who are now plotting a takeover of the States with new single Like Money. Producer Woo S. Rhee “Rainstone”, sets the pace with a synth-driven beat that should translate to clubs across the world while the assorted Wonder Girls (Yubin, Yeeun, Sunye, Sohee and Hyelim) take turns insisting that while money can’t buy love, it can sure make that love just a little bit nicer. Add in a guest verse from the seemingly hiatused Akon and you’ve got a cut that might just succeed in bringing a taste of K-Pop magic to America. So how about it folks, are you ready to welcome The Wonder Girls?
Written by Nathan S. on 08/2/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.