While Americans tend to think that music begins and ends at our borders, there are global superstars being made well beyond the U.S.’ reach. Case in point, Korean pop sensations The Wonder Girls, who are now plotting a takeover of the States with new single Like Money. Producer Woo S. Rhee “Rainstone”, sets the pace with a synth-driven beat that should translate to clubs across the world while the assorted Wonder Girls (Yubin, Yeeun, Sunye, Sohee and Hyelim) take turns insisting that while money can’t buy love, it can sure make that love just a little bit nicer. Add in a guest verse from the seemingly hiatused Akon and you’ve got a cut that might just succeed in bringing a taste of K-Pop magic to America. So how about it folks, are you ready to welcome The Wonder Girls?
Written by Nathan S. on 08/2/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)