Wonda‘s sound may be eclectic—on his Booth debut alone, he combined elements of hip-hop, pop and R&B—but the subjects of his songs are about as down-to-earth and relatable as it gets. Having rifled through snapshots of a schoolboy crush on July’s Memories of U, the Midwestern upstart looks at love from a diametrically opposite angle on follow-up The Boom documenting the moment when the rosy fantasy of a relationship gives way to the bitter realization that things just ain’t gonna work out. Wonda self-produces, serving up a uniquely catchy flip of Zee Avi’s vocal-driven Concrete Wall as the artist ponders his and his girl’s rapidly-narrowing set of options. Feeling this poignant pre-breakup jam? Then keep it locked for the latest on #SummerTimeChi, scheduled for digital release in the next two weeks.
I Heart Brain
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Memories of U" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!