Wonda‘s sound may be eclectic—on his Booth debut alone, he combined elements of hip-hop, pop and R&B—but the subjects of his songs are about as down-to-earth and relatable as it gets. Having rifled through snapshots of a schoolboy crush on July’s Memories of U, the Midwestern upstart looks at love from a diametrically opposite angle on follow-up The Boom documenting the moment when the rosy fantasy of a relationship gives way to the bitter realization that things just ain’t gonna work out. Wonda self-produces, serving up a uniquely catchy flip of Zee Avi’s vocal-driven Concrete Wall as the artist ponders his and his girl’s rapidly-narrowing set of options. Feeling this poignant pre-breakup jam? Then keep it locked for the latest on #SummerTimeChi, scheduled for digital release in the next two weeks.
Written by richard on 09/12/12
Submit your Rating
I Heart Brain
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Memories of U" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)