Wonda‘s sound may be eclectic—on his Booth debut alone, he combined elements of hip-hop, pop and R&B—but the subjects of his songs are about as down-to-earth and relatable as it gets. Having rifled through snapshots of a schoolboy crush on July’s Memories of U, the Midwestern upstart looks at love from a diametrically opposite angle on follow-up The Boom documenting the moment when the rosy fantasy of a relationship gives way to the bitter realization that things just ain’t gonna work out. Wonda self-produces, serving up a uniquely catchy flip of Zee Avi’s vocal-driven Concrete Wall as the artist ponders his and his girl’s rapidly-narrowing set of options. Feeling this poignant pre-breakup jam? Then keep it locked for the latest on #SummerTimeChi, scheduled for digital release in the next two weeks.
Written by richard on 09/12/12
Submit your Rating
I Heart Brain
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Memories of U" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.