Wonda‘s sound may be eclectic—on his Booth debut alone, he combined elements of hip-hop, pop and R&B—but the subjects of his songs are about as down-to-earth and relatable as it gets. Having rifled through snapshots of a schoolboy crush on July’s Memories of U, the Midwestern upstart looks at love from a diametrically opposite angle on follow-up The Boom documenting the moment when the rosy fantasy of a relationship gives way to the bitter realization that things just ain’t gonna work out. Wonda self-produces, serving up a uniquely catchy flip of Zee Avi’s vocal-driven Concrete Wall as the artist ponders his and his girl’s rapidly-narrowing set of options. Feeling this poignant pre-breakup jam? Then keep it locked for the latest on #SummerTimeChi, scheduled for digital release in the next two weeks.
Written by richard on 09/12/12
I Heart Brain
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Memories of U" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.