If Wonda doesn’t sound like your average artist, that’s because he’s not. A struggling artist born in West Africa but raised in the Chicago, Wonda is influenced by everything from hip-hop to UK Garage music, influences that are evident on his DJBooth debut, Memories of U. I’m not sure there’s a genre producer ViLL?GE doesn’t eventually draw from for Memories’ beat, and in similar fashion Wonda isn’t shy about pulling out every vocal trick in the book to relay his story of a love that came so close, but ultimately slipped away. While this one isn’t part of a larger project yet, those finding themselves intrigues can be sure to check out further releases from Wonda during his ongoing #SummerTimeChi Series.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/20/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.