If Wonda doesn’t sound like your average artist, that’s because he’s not. A struggling artist born in West Africa but raised in the Chicago, Wonda is influenced by everything from hip-hop to UK Garage music, influences that are evident on his DJBooth debut, Memories of U. I’m not sure there’s a genre producer ViLL?GE doesn’t eventually draw from for Memories’ beat, and in similar fashion Wonda isn’t shy about pulling out every vocal trick in the book to relay his story of a love that came so close, but ultimately slipped away. While this one isn’t part of a larger project yet, those finding themselves intrigues can be sure to check out further releases from Wonda during his ongoing #SummerTimeChi Series.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/20/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.