If Wonda doesn’t sound like your average artist, that’s because he’s not. A struggling artist born in West Africa but raised in the Chicago, Wonda is influenced by everything from hip-hop to UK Garage music, influences that are evident on his DJBooth debut, Memories of U. I’m not sure there’s a genre producer ViLL?GE doesn’t eventually draw from for Memories’ beat, and in similar fashion Wonda isn’t shy about pulling out every vocal trick in the book to relay his story of a love that came so close, but ultimately slipped away. While this one isn’t part of a larger project yet, those finding themselves intrigues can be sure to check out further releases from Wonda during his ongoing #SummerTimeChi Series.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/20/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.