If Wonda doesn’t sound like your average artist, that’s because he’s not. A struggling artist born in West Africa but raised in the Chicago, Wonda is influenced by everything from hip-hop to UK Garage music, influences that are evident on his DJBooth debut, Memories of U. I’m not sure there’s a genre producer ViLL?GE doesn’t eventually draw from for Memories’ beat, and in similar fashion Wonda isn’t shy about pulling out every vocal trick in the book to relay his story of a love that came so close, but ultimately slipped away. While this one isn’t part of a larger project yet, those finding themselves intrigues can be sure to check out further releases from Wonda during his ongoing #SummerTimeChi Series.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/20/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.