In late February, Tulsa, Oklahoma’s Dre Murray made his first foray into the Booth with Reality, a joint affirming his allegiance first to God, and then to his musical hustle. Though his faith is clearly strong, there are always temptations to stray from the straight and narrow. On Long Way Down, the debut feature and latest single from W.L.A.K. (We Live As Kings), Murray and his fellow group member, R&B singer Christon Grey, express their determination to resist the devil’s many ruses. Producer Swoope provides a glossy synth backdrop for their tenacious flowed and sung vocals, and Skyler Smith directs the record’s simple, yet effective official video. Feeling it? This is just one of many fresh and inspiring cuts to be found on W.L.A.K.‘s self-titled debut full-length, available in stores and online as of March 5.
Written by richard on 03/8/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.