In late February, Tulsa, Oklahoma’s Dre Murray made his first foray into the Booth with Reality, a joint affirming his allegiance first to God, and then to his musical hustle. Though his faith is clearly strong, there are always temptations to stray from the straight and narrow. On Long Way Down, the debut feature and latest single from W.L.A.K. (We Live As Kings), Murray and his fellow group member, R&B singer Christon Grey, express their determination to resist the devil’s many ruses. Producer Swoope provides a glossy synth backdrop for their tenacious flowed and sung vocals, and Skyler Smith directs the record’s simple, yet effective official video. Feeling it? This is just one of many fresh and inspiring cuts to be found on W.L.A.K.‘s self-titled debut full-length, available in stores and online as of March 5.
Written by richard on 03/8/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.