When a talented emcee like Wizdom gathers up his mic-murderingest colleagues to craft a dope ensemble cut, what is there to say but “For sure, That’s Nice”? (That’s the luxuriant “That’s nice,” of utter contentment, of course, not the similar-sounding but semantically opposed “That’s nice.” of world-weary dismissal.). The emcee’s first Booth feature, this left-of-center party cut finds Epidemmick blending a Latin-brass sample, bells, and crowd noise to boisterous effect as the Seattle repper and fellow Pacific Northwesterners Sol and Luck-One deliver entertaining variations on the spitting-game-to-fly-honeys theme. With such a smorgasboard of suave lyricism on display, I’m not gonna be able to pick an MVP—but Sol’s blunt honesty is impressive (“I’ll write a song about you called ‘Not the One’ / That’s why you shouldn’t hook up with rappers at the club.”) as is the headliner’s deft deployment of a Pink Cookies in a Plastic Bag Getting Crushed by Buildings reference on the back. Grynch rounds out the lineup, lending his vocals to the hook. Think this record is, well, nice? Then you’re sure to appreciate the rest of what Wizdom’s got lined up for his Unearthed LP, due out Dec. 6.
Written by richard on 11/8/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.