When a talented emcee like Wizdom gathers up his mic-murderingest colleagues to craft a dope ensemble cut, what is there to say but “For sure, That’s Nice”? (That’s the luxuriant “That’s nice,” of utter contentment, of course, not the similar-sounding but semantically opposed “That’s nice.” of world-weary dismissal.). The emcee’s first Booth feature, this left-of-center party cut finds Epidemmick blending a Latin-brass sample, bells, and crowd noise to boisterous effect as the Seattle repper and fellow Pacific Northwesterners Sol and Luck-One deliver entertaining variations on the spitting-game-to-fly-honeys theme. With such a smorgasboard of suave lyricism on display, I’m not gonna be able to pick an MVP—but Sol’s blunt honesty is impressive (“I’ll write a song about you called ‘Not the One’ / That’s why you shouldn’t hook up with rappers at the club.”) as is the headliner’s deft deployment of a Pink Cookies in a Plastic Bag Getting Crushed by Buildings reference on the back. Grynch rounds out the lineup, lending his vocals to the hook. Think this record is, well, nice? Then you’re sure to appreciate the rest of what Wizdom’s got lined up for his Unearthed LP, due out Dec. 6.
Written by richard on 11/8/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.