Craving some sunny, old-school-informed hip-hop perfectly suited to vibe out to during a leisurely drive through the city streets? Wizdom can relate. On this newly-leaked mixtape inclusion, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the Chi-town native makes a heartfelt plea for dope music – “I just need Something I Can Roll To.” – and proceeds to answer his own prayers. Booth-acclaimed emcee-producer D.Focis (whose boardwork also backed Wizdom’s first feature, Real Life Swagger) serves up a laid-back groove driven by handclap percussion, brassy synths, and soulful sampled vocals as the headliner delivers his boastful bars (“I’m so vicious with the ink pen/ dog I do this, you just think it”) and Floridian up-and-comer Tha Mr., previously seen on D.Focis’ In the Beginning, brings a little Southern flavor on the middle verse. If this standout track gets your head bobbing (and I can’t see why it wouldn’t), you can find plenty more hot new tunes on the headliner’s aptly-titled D. Focis Presents: Wizdom street album, released today.
Written by richard on 12/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Real Life Swagger" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.