Craving some sunny, old-school-informed hip-hop perfectly suited to vibe out to during a leisurely drive through the city streets? Wizdom can relate. On this newly-leaked mixtape inclusion, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the Chi-town native makes a heartfelt plea for dope music – “I just need Something I Can Roll To.” – and proceeds to answer his own prayers. Booth-acclaimed emcee-producer D.Focis (whose boardwork also backed Wizdom’s first feature, Real Life Swagger) serves up a laid-back groove driven by handclap percussion, brassy synths, and soulful sampled vocals as the headliner delivers his boastful bars (“I’m so vicious with the ink pen/ dog I do this, you just think it”) and Floridian up-and-comer Tha Mr., previously seen on D.Focis’ In the Beginning, brings a little Southern flavor on the middle verse. If this standout track gets your head bobbing (and I can’t see why it wouldn’t), you can find plenty more hot new tunes on the headliner’s aptly-titled D. Focis Presents: Wizdom street album, released today.
Written by richard on 12/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Real Life Swagger" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.