Though most in the Booth will agree that the term “swagger” and its cousin, “swag,” are a little - or a lot - played-out, nobody’s managed to find a suitable replacement (though house favorite/site member Mike Dreams made a valiant attempt with “flickiness”). If you ask Booth newcomer Wizdom, however, we’ve all been looking at the issue the wrong way around. In his opinion, it’s not the word but the definition that needs an overhaul. Thus, the Chicago-based emcee’s developed a new concept called Real Life Swagger, centered not around arrogance, flash, and cash, but spirituality and self-actualization. Wizdom’s combo of outside-the-box lyrical insight and engaging delivery is sure to score him points among our readers, as is his choice of producer – D.Focis, the emcee/beatsmith who brought us acclaimed jams Miracle, Forgiveness, and In the Beginning, ties the track together with a catchy, low-key Chipmunk-soul instrumental. If you like what you’re hearing, download a copy of Wizdom’s new Proof of Life (Vol.1: I Got Bars) mixtape, out now.
Written by richard on 09/16/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Something I Can Roll To" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)