When I moved from Minneapolis to Brooklyn in late 2012, one thing that took a little getting used to was the general level of griminess; even in upscale neighborhoods, it’s not uncommon to see garbage swirling around in the street. While I doubt Seattle can compete with B.K. on that count, it certainly holds its own where aural dirt is concerned. On new single My City’s Filthy, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, Wizdom gets together with a couple talented neighbors to show listeners just how gritty his hometown can get. Over D-Sane‘s larger-than-life synth boardwork, the unsigned spitter trades brash, braggadocious verses with Grynch and Dyme Def‘s Fearce Vill. The chorus borrows a snippet from Macklemore and Ryan Lewis‘s own Seattle anthem, The Town. Wizdom’s forthcoming full-length, The Next Step, is slated to drop April 22. Those feeling this single, however, can cop it right now via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 04/15/14
Considering the sheer volume of unsigned, independent emcees who are constantly battling one another for a chance to be noticed and heard, artists are really best served by moving in slow and steady increments as long as the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.