It’s been a minute since we’ve heard from Facemusic representatives Wizdom and D.Focis, but those who have been holding their breath for more new material from the burgeoning indie label ever since their last Booth appearance can finally exhale (if you’re not, you know, dead after not breathing for three months). Today, we’re proud to present the world premiere of I Don’t Wanna Be, the inaugural leak off the label’s forthcoming compilation mixtape. Here, D.Focis crafts a characteristically intricate, synth-driven instrumental as Wizdom and Cleveland R&B songstress April Lane engage in a little romantic back-and-forth; while Lane’s ready to take the plunge into total commitment, the Chi-town rapper is feeling a little more reluctant: “Sure, it sound all good from the start, but I’m grown / and I know that you’ve got my best intentions at heart, but things go wrong.” Digging this track’s combo of spaced-out sounds and engaging flows? You can look forward to hearing plenty more from Focis, Wizdom, and the whole crew on D. Focis Presents WFAC Facemusic Radio, when it hits the net June 3.
Written by richard on 05/11/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Real Life Swagger" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.