It’s been a minute since we’ve heard from Facemusic representatives Wizdom and D.Focis, but those who have been holding their breath for more new material from the burgeoning indie label ever since their last Booth appearance can finally exhale (if you’re not, you know, dead after not breathing for three months). Today, we’re proud to present the world premiere of I Don’t Wanna Be, the inaugural leak off the label’s forthcoming compilation mixtape. Here, D.Focis crafts a characteristically intricate, synth-driven instrumental as Wizdom and Cleveland R&B songstress April Lane engage in a little romantic back-and-forth; while Lane’s ready to take the plunge into total commitment, the Chi-town rapper is feeling a little more reluctant: “Sure, it sound all good from the start, but I’m grown / and I know that you’ve got my best intentions at heart, but things go wrong.” Digging this track’s combo of spaced-out sounds and engaging flows? You can look forward to hearing plenty more from Focis, Wizdom, and the whole crew on D. Focis Presents WFAC Facemusic Radio, when it hits the net June 3.
Written by richard on 05/11/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Real Life Swagger" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.