Last month, Pittsburgh hitmaker Wiz Khalifa and New Orleans stalwart Curren$y celebrated 4/20 by unleashing the follow-up to collaborative debut mixtape How Fly, an EP bearing the totally inaccurate title Live in Concert. Perhaps due to THC-induced forgetfulness, the duo neglected to liberate any singles in advance of the project’s arrival. Today, they rectify that oversight with the release of Toast and its accompanying, Tha Razor-directed visuals. On this laid-back banger, the duo pool their talents on both sides of the boards, crafting a slow-rolling, Latin jazz-influenced backdrop for their blunted, braggadocious lyrical back-and-forth. Like what you’re hearing? Then what are you waiting for—click here to cop the full, six-track project via iTunes.
Written by richard on 05/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Car Service" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.