Last month, Pittsburgh hitmaker Wiz Khalifa and New Orleans stalwart Curren$y celebrated 4/20 by unleashing the follow-up to collaborative debut mixtape How Fly, an EP bearing the totally inaccurate title Live in Concert. Perhaps due to THC-induced forgetfulness, the duo neglected to liberate any singles in advance of the project’s arrival. Today, they rectify that oversight with the release of Toast and its accompanying, Tha Razor-directed visuals. On this laid-back banger, the duo pool their talents on both sides of the boards, crafting a slow-rolling, Latin jazz-influenced backdrop for their blunted, braggadocious lyrical back-and-forth. Like what you’re hearing? Then what are you waiting for—click here to cop the full, six-track project via iTunes.
Written by richard on 05/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Car Service" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.