Last month, Pittsburgh hitmaker Wiz Khalifa and New Orleans stalwart Curren$y celebrated 4/20 by unleashing the follow-up to collaborative debut mixtape How Fly, an EP bearing the totally inaccurate title Live in Concert. Perhaps due to THC-induced forgetfulness, the duo neglected to liberate any singles in advance of the project’s arrival. Today, they rectify that oversight with the release of Toast and its accompanying, Tha Razor-directed visuals. On this laid-back banger, the duo pool their talents on both sides of the boards, crafting a slow-rolling, Latin jazz-influenced backdrop for their blunted, braggadocious lyrical back-and-forth. Like what you’re hearing? Then what are you waiting for—click here to cop the full, six-track project via iTunes.
Written by richard on 05/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Car Service" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.