Like newspapers, the stock market and Ron Browz’ career, the future isn’t looking bright for major record labels. Think about it: if you’re a talented artist, like say Wiz Khalifa, why give creative control and most of the profits to a major when you can just go independent and drop your new single This Plane on DJBooth.net? Exactly. Having left Warner Bros. to pursue an independent grind, Khalifa is preparing to release his new latest album Deal or No Deal (get it?) on the strength of tracks like This Plane, a spacey joint produced by E Dan that proves that without or without a major label’s backing, the man can still spit with the best of them: “Still they hate and talk smack, knowin if I was gone they’d have no one to throw their rocks at.” Will tracks like This Plane be enough to finally launch Khalifa’s career into orbit? That, my loyal DJBooth people, is up to you. Deal or No Deal is slated to be released on November, 24.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.