If you’re not a Wiz Khalifa fan and you just wish he’d go away, I have to be honest, there’s a better chance of Rick Ross doing a country western album. Hate him or love him, Wiz has done a great job of staying on top of his visibility game thanks to the now platinum-encrusted catapult known as Black & Yellow. Whether it’s a guest verse or just a single he felt like dropping for s**ts and giggles, Wiz seems to be on every radar known to man. With the March 29, release date of his new album, Rolling Papers, still a few weeks away, we’ve now got a dreamy new single, The Race, to entertain us in the meantime. Available as a promo single on iTunes, The Race was produced by I.D. Labs, who crafts a hypnotizing and smoothly riding beat. Lyrically Wiz uses The Race to reflect upon his success and illustrate his individuality; what the man may lack in humility, he more than makes up for in persistence and personality. He’s come a long way, and if Race is any indication, he won’t be slowing down anytime soon.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 03/8/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)