If you’re not a Wiz Khalifa fan and you just wish he’d go away, I have to be honest, there’s a better chance of Rick Ross doing a country western album. Hate him or love him, Wiz has done a great job of staying on top of his visibility game thanks to the now platinum-encrusted catapult known as Black & Yellow. Whether it’s a guest verse or just a single he felt like dropping for s**ts and giggles, Wiz seems to be on every radar known to man. With the March 29, release date of his new album, Rolling Papers, still a few weeks away, we’ve now got a dreamy new single, The Race, to entertain us in the meantime. Available as a promo single on iTunes, The Race was produced by I.D. Labs, who crafts a hypnotizing and smoothly riding beat. Lyrically Wiz uses The Race to reflect upon his success and illustrate his individuality; what the man may lack in humility, he more than makes up for in persistence and personality. He’s come a long way, and if Race is any indication, he won’t be slowing down anytime soon.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 03/8/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)