My how the times have changed for Wiz Khalifa. Just a few years ago and he was just a skinny kid from Pittsburgh. Now, when he tells 50 Cent to stop by a Paris studio, 50 Cent stops by a Paris studio. After reportedly recording several songs we finally have our first taste of a Wiz and Fiddy collaboration with brand new release, Telescope. Released by Wiz via his Twitter, Telescope features a slowly sparkling beat from the increasingly omnipresent Harry Fraud that’s
Taylor made for Wiz’ supremely relaxed flow, and Khalifa obliges with some of his trademark blunted rhymes. On the other hand, this isn’t the type of beat you’d usually hear Mr. Cent on, but the G-Unit general still manages to lay down some high caliber rhymes. I think this is one all-star collaboration we can call a success – or do I have it twisted? Be sure to make your voice heard in the comments and below. In the meantime, we’ll just have to wait for more Wiz and 50 music to be released; could there be a joint project on the way?
Written by Nathan S. on 06/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.