On the second leak off his forthcoming Flight School mixtape, high-flying emcee Wiz Khalifa breaks some bad news to all his female fans—he’s too much of a player for any one woman to leave him Starstruck. Borrowing Diplo‘s slow-burning beat from Santigold‘s cut of the same name, the Steel City representative serves up an extended freestyle centering around his paper, his tech-savvy, his weed, and, of course, his heartbreaking way with the ladies. Khalifa’s aim here is clearly to showcase his swag, not to floor anyone with intricate wordplay or gut-busting punchlines; Starstruck easily achieves that goal, and boasts a few quirky pop culture references to boot. Flight School, which will also include the recently-featured Boarding Pass, is set to touch down sometime this month. While it’s being cleared for landing, though, fans can look forward to the emcee’s contribution to our exclusive freestyle series, premiering next week.
Written by richard on 04/2/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.