With his fifth album’s release just one short week away, Wiz Khalifa continues his onslaught of new music. On his latest effort, the perpetually faded Pittsburgh native sticks to his trademark subject matter while drawing inspiration from a group of L.A.-based indie buzzmakers. On So High, the ethereal synth backdrop from Ghost Loft‘s single of the same name sets the mood as Wiz describes his smoking habits in a unique, “uh-huh”-heavy flow. Fans will be able to find this cut, the recently-featured Promises and much more on Blacc Hollywood, set to drop August 19, via Atlantic Records.
Written by richard on 08/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.