With his fifth album’s release just one short week away, Wiz Khalifa continues his onslaught of new music. On his latest effort, the perpetually faded Pittsburgh native sticks to his trademark subject matter while drawing inspiration from a group of L.A.-based indie buzzmakers. On So High, the ethereal synth backdrop from Ghost Loft‘s single of the same name sets the mood as Wiz describes his smoking habits in a unique, “uh-huh”-heavy flow. Fans will be able to find this cut, the recently-featured Promises and much more on Blacc Hollywood, set to drop August 19, via Atlantic Records.
Written by richard on 08/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.