On Wiz Khalifa‘s newest single, Remember You, the Pittsburgh emcee recruits Canadian crooner The Weeknd, who yearns for remembrance on the song’s hook. With such a unique collaboration the duo will indeed likely be shown listener retention thanks, in part, to the sultry, Illangelo and Dpat-produced track. Although The Weeknd serves as merely the featured artist on the song, the buzzing artist enjoys a solid verse at the start of Remember You and also provides the song with its tantalizing hook. The first half of the record may tell a tale of seduction thanks to the Canadian singer, but Khalifa instead opts for slightly more braggadocious verses as he rhymes focus on spending “so much money on clothes” that he might just have to start making his own. Oh, and for those of you yearning to get your Inspector Gadget on the record supposedly comes with a “special hidden message.” Hopefully, that special message isn’t a new release date since Khalifa’s O.N.I.F.C. album, which is now set for a December 4 release.
Update: The Ryan Hope-directed video for “Remember You” has been added.
Written by Danielle H. on 11/13/12
He may not be the “best”, or the richest, or the most powerful, but Wiz Khalifa is certainly one of the most famous rappers alive. Thanks in large part to his new girlfriend’s large parts Kanye West’s every move is...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.