On Wiz Khalifa‘s newest single, Remember You, the Pittsburgh emcee recruits Canadian crooner The Weeknd, who yearns for remembrance on the song’s hook. With such a unique collaboration the duo will indeed likely be shown listener retention thanks, in part, to the sultry, Illangelo and Dpat-produced track. Although The Weeknd serves as merely the featured artist on the song, the buzzing artist enjoys a solid verse at the start of Remember You and also provides the song with its tantalizing hook. The first half of the record may tell a tale of seduction thanks to the Canadian singer, but Khalifa instead opts for slightly more braggadocious verses as he rhymes focus on spending “so much money on clothes” that he might just have to start making his own. Oh, and for those of you yearning to get your Inspector Gadget on the record supposedly comes with a “special hidden message.” Hopefully, that special message isn’t a new release date since Khalifa’s O.N.I.F.C. album, which is now set for a December 4 release.
Update: The Ryan Hope-directed video for “Remember You” has been added.
Written by Danielle H. on 11/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.