On Wiz Khalifa‘s newest single, Remember You, the Pittsburgh emcee recruits Canadian crooner The Weeknd, who yearns for remembrance on the song’s hook. With such a unique collaboration the duo will indeed likely be shown listener retention thanks, in part, to the sultry, Illangelo and Dpat-produced track. Although The Weeknd serves as merely the featured artist on the song, the buzzing artist enjoys a solid verse at the start of Remember You and also provides the song with its tantalizing hook. The first half of the record may tell a tale of seduction thanks to the Canadian singer, but Khalifa instead opts for slightly more braggadocious verses as he rhymes focus on spending “so much money on clothes” that he might just have to start making his own. Oh, and for those of you yearning to get your Inspector Gadget on the record supposedly comes with a “special hidden message.” Hopefully, that special message isn’t a new release date since Khalifa’s O.N.I.F.C. album, which is now set for a December 4 release.
Update: The Ryan Hope-directed video for “Remember You” has been added.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.