The Khalifa man is back: while embarking on his “highly” anticipated Waken Baken tour, Pittsburgh’s Wiz Khalifa hasn’t forgot about the fans that took his buzz from the laptops to the top of the game. After dropping a killer single in Black and Yellow, Wiz is on everybody’s radar; even the incomparable Diddy stopped by to do some signature bopping during the L.A. stop of Khalifa’s tour. Now the young emcee is at it again with a man who’s not only another legend but one of his biggest influences in Three 6 Mafia’s Juicy J. In My Car (Tha Puff Bus) was crafted by Wiz’s in-house production team ID Labs (Big Jerm and E. Dan) and sports a hard, soulful, yet bouncy instrumental that allows these two charismatic wordsmiths to deliver what sounds like a “pimp’s anthem.” Colorful lyrics and a smooth melody courtesy of this high-namic duo has put Puff Bus in heavy rotation on the internet these past few days, capped off by the two performing the song live in Vegas. In the words of Wiz: “THAT’S stunting.” Still no official word on an album from Wiz, but it’s only a matter of time.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 10/25/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label