You know how, in D.A.R.E. class, they told you that weed would slow down your mental facilities and eventually turn you into a drooling invalid? Well, I’m not gonna say those boys in blue were lying to you, but Wiz Khalifa‘s latest Booth feature tells a very different story; for the Steel City repper and his cohorts, all it takes is a few puffs and they’re Off To The Races. Leaked yesterday evening via the artist’s Twitter, this unreleased joint finds beatsmith Big Jerm blending a rolling breakbeat with swanky brass samples as the freestyle series alumnus showcases his blunted, but mentally acute flows. Once the headliner’s through boasting about his diamonds, his whip and (paradoxically?) his financial responsibility, partner-in-rhyme/kush-smoking Curren$y grabs the mic to do a little bleary-eyed stunting of his own, and Motown heavyweight Big Sean ends the record on a braggadociously witty note (“Rather crash parties and burn money / And if you pick the ashes up, still can’t earn/urn from me.”). It has yet to be determined what project this collab will be attached to but, as always, fans can keep it locked for all the latest.
Written by richard on 07/19/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.