From the constant, weed and liquor-fueled revelry described throughout Wiz Khalifa‘s musical work, you might be led to believe that the Steel City phenom had mastered the art of consequence-free hedonism. Not so—on new single No Sleep (a cut which briefly charted in April, but is only now receiving official support), the emcee confesses: “Last night I let the party get the best of me” So, what’s the damage? As he continues, “Wakin’ up in the morning two hoes layin’ next to me, plus I heard an officer arrested me.” OK, so it isn’t your typical cautionary tale… or a cautionary tale at all, really. On the contrary, this breezy selection finds Khalifa rolling right out of bed for a breakfast of Kush and OJ, before heading out to do it all over again. Benny Blanco and Noel “Detail” Fisher team up on the production tip, together crafting an irresistibly sugary synth backdrop as Khalifa offers us a glimpse into the life of a fresh and fly young individual. The hit appeal is manifest, but how does No Sleep stack up against its predecessors? That, my friends, is for you to decide. For those who haven’t already copped it, Wiz’ Rolling Papers is available en ce moment from online retailers and record stores everywhere.
Written by richard on 06/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)