If Rack City doesn’t sound like a desirable destination for your Spring Break, then allow Wiz Khalifa to be your travel agent to his favorite vacation spot, Mt. Money. Although the track won’t appear on Wiz’s upcoming mixtape, Taylor Allderdice, Wiz still took to his Twitter to drop off the gem to his fans. Produced by Sledgren, the production of the record has a very mellow sample and light chords that accompany heavy drums. It’s basically a smooth beat that still has enough edge to it that allows a rapper to “go off.” However, Wiz doesn’t go off, instead spitting a verse that is overshadowed by a pretty nice hook and a dope verse from west coast feature Fashawn. Even though you’re never suppose to have a special guest outdo you on your own song, in my opinion Fashawn does just that; his flow is just sharper and the lines are more memorable. But that doesn’t make the song bad, far from it, and ultimately this one’s an enjoyable effort from two DJBooth Freestyle Series alums.
Written by JRTheWriter on 03/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.