You can learn a lot about a person by locking eyes with them. For example, a glance at Wiz Khalifa‘s bloodshot, heavy-lidded stare quickly reveals that the Pittsburgh hitmaker is high as f**k. On Look Into My Eyes, a newly-released single that may or may not make it onto his next project, Wiz throws open the windows to his soul, spitting about his wealth and commitment to the hustle as well as offering a few insights of a more personal nature: “My pops tell me I look tired when he look into my eyes When the cameras come on I know how to look alive” Sledgren provides the joint’s hazy, synth-driven instrumental backdrop. How about it, readers: does this joint deserve a spot on the emcee’s Blacc Hollywood LP? Whatever your take, you can keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest on the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 08/20/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.