As he revealed in his recent interview with our very own DJ Z, everyone’s favorite heavily tattooed rapper Wiz Khalifa doesn’t consider the time he spent signed to a major label a waste. Actually, Deal or No Deal, he still feels like he’s destined for success (bad pun alert). After dropping a mixtape (Burn After Rolling) and the first single off the album (This Plane), Khalifa is back and ready to wave Goodbye to anyone who’s ever dared hate on him. A synth-heavy track produced by Johnny Juliano that’s as swaggering as it is introspective, Goodbye showcases both Khalifa’s unmistakable style and unique lyrics (I haven’t heard a Steve Francis reference in a minute, I don’t think he’s even in the league anymore). I could do with a better hook, but other than that, Goodbye’s a banger. Khalifa’s upcoming album Deal or No Deal is set to drop on November 24. No confirmation yet on a guest verse from Howie Mandel.
Listen to More: Wiz Khalifa
Written by Nathan S. on 11/17/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)