As he revealed in his recent interview with our very own DJ Z, everyone’s favorite heavily tattooed rapper Wiz Khalifa doesn’t consider the time he spent signed to a major label a waste. Actually, Deal or No Deal, he still feels like he’s destined for success (bad pun alert). After dropping a mixtape (Burn After Rolling) and the first single off the album (This Plane), Khalifa is back and ready to wave Goodbye to anyone who’s ever dared hate on him. A synth-heavy track produced by Johnny Juliano that’s as swaggering as it is introspective, Goodbye showcases both Khalifa’s unmistakable style and unique lyrics (I haven’t heard a Steve Francis reference in a minute, I don’t think he’s even in the league anymore). I could do with a better hook, but other than that, Goodbye’s a banger. Khalifa’s upcoming album Deal or No Deal is set to drop on November 24. No confirmation yet on a guest verse from Howie Mandel.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.