As he revealed in his recent interview with our very own DJ Z, everyone’s favorite heavily tattooed rapper Wiz Khalifa doesn’t consider the time he spent signed to a major label a waste. Actually, Deal or No Deal, he still feels like he’s destined for success (bad pun alert). After dropping a mixtape (Burn After Rolling) and the first single off the album (This Plane), Khalifa is back and ready to wave Goodbye to anyone who’s ever dared hate on him. A synth-heavy track produced by Johnny Juliano that’s as swaggering as it is introspective, Goodbye showcases both Khalifa’s unmistakable style and unique lyrics (I haven’t heard a Steve Francis reference in a minute, I don’t think he’s even in the league anymore). I could do with a better hook, but other than that, Goodbye’s a banger. Khalifa’s upcoming album Deal or No Deal is set to drop on November 24. No confirmation yet on a guest verse from Howie Mandel.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.