As he revealed in his recent interview with our very own DJ Z, everyone’s favorite heavily tattooed rapper Wiz Khalifa doesn’t consider the time he spent signed to a major label a waste. Actually, Deal or No Deal, he still feels like he’s destined for success (bad pun alert). After dropping a mixtape (Burn After Rolling) and the first single off the album (This Plane), Khalifa is back and ready to wave Goodbye to anyone who’s ever dared hate on him. A synth-heavy track produced by Johnny Juliano that’s as swaggering as it is introspective, Goodbye showcases both Khalifa’s unmistakable style and unique lyrics (I haven’t heard a Steve Francis reference in a minute, I don’t think he’s even in the league anymore). I could do with a better hook, but other than that, Goodbye’s a banger. Khalifa’s upcoming album Deal or No Deal is set to drop on November 24. No confirmation yet on a guest verse from Howie Mandel.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.