As he revealed in his recent interview with our very own DJ Z, everyone’s favorite heavily tattooed rapper Wiz Khalifa doesn’t consider the time he spent signed to a major label a waste. Actually, Deal or No Deal, he still feels like he’s destined for success (bad pun alert). After dropping a mixtape (Burn After Rolling) and the first single off the album (This Plane), Khalifa is back and ready to wave Goodbye to anyone who’s ever dared hate on him. A synth-heavy track produced by Johnny Juliano that’s as swaggering as it is introspective, Goodbye showcases both Khalifa’s unmistakable style and unique lyrics (I haven’t heard a Steve Francis reference in a minute, I don’t think he’s even in the league anymore). I could do with a better hook, but other than that, Goodbye’s a banger. Khalifa’s upcoming album Deal or No Deal is set to drop on November 24. No confirmation yet on a guest verse from Howie Mandel.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.