They’ve always said that Wiz Khalifa was cut from a different cloth. Actually, I don’t know who “they” are, and I don’t think anyone’s used that phrase in conversation since 1954. But maybe they’ll start now that Wiz followed through on his promise to drop new song Different Cloth. The man is a trendsetter. Wiz recruits Cardo for the production on Cloth, resulting in a swirling and heavily layered beat that’s relaxed with just a hit of menace. And while there’s nothing surprising about Wiz’ trademark laid back swagger, it is at least a little surprising to hear Busta Rhymes coming through with a guest verse that’s about as slow as a Busta verse gets. While we’re still waiting to hear where Cloth will officially end up, fans can look forward to both the release of Wiz’ Live in Concert mixtape with Curren$y on August 9 and his currently unscheduled O.N.C.I.F. album.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.