They’ve always said that Wiz Khalifa was cut from a different cloth. Actually, I don’t know who “they” are, and I don’t think anyone’s used that phrase in conversation since 1954. But maybe they’ll start now that Wiz followed through on his promise to drop new song Different Cloth. The man is a trendsetter. Wiz recruits Cardo for the production on Cloth, resulting in a swirling and heavily layered beat that’s relaxed with just a hit of menace. And while there’s nothing surprising about Wiz’ trademark laid back swagger, it is at least a little surprising to hear Busta Rhymes coming through with a guest verse that’s about as slow as a Busta verse gets. While we’re still waiting to hear where Cloth will officially end up, fans can look forward to both the release of Wiz’ Live in Concert mixtape with Curren$y on August 9 and his currently unscheduled O.N.C.I.F. album.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.