They’ve always said that Wiz Khalifa was cut from a different cloth. Actually, I don’t know who “they” are, and I don’t think anyone’s used that phrase in conversation since 1954. But maybe they’ll start now that Wiz followed through on his promise to drop new song Different Cloth. The man is a trendsetter. Wiz recruits Cardo for the production on Cloth, resulting in a swirling and heavily layered beat that’s relaxed with just a hit of menace. And while there’s nothing surprising about Wiz’ trademark laid back swagger, it is at least a little surprising to hear Busta Rhymes coming through with a guest verse that’s about as slow as a Busta verse gets. While we’re still waiting to hear where Cloth will officially end up, fans can look forward to both the release of Wiz’ Live in Concert mixtape with Curren$y on August 9 and his currently unscheduled O.N.C.I.F. album.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/9/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)