They’ve always said that Wiz Khalifa was cut from a different cloth. Actually, I don’t know who “they” are, and I don’t think anyone’s used that phrase in conversation since 1954. But maybe they’ll start now that Wiz followed through on his promise to drop new song Different Cloth. The man is a trendsetter. Wiz recruits Cardo for the production on Cloth, resulting in a swirling and heavily layered beat that’s relaxed with just a hit of menace. And while there’s nothing surprising about Wiz’ trademark laid back swagger, it is at least a little surprising to hear Busta Rhymes coming through with a guest verse that’s about as slow as a Busta verse gets. While we’re still waiting to hear where Cloth will officially end up, fans can look forward to both the release of Wiz’ Live in Concert mixtape with Curren$y on August 9 and his currently unscheduled O.N.C.I.F. album.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)