They’ve always said that Wiz Khalifa was cut from a different cloth. Actually, I don’t know who “they” are, and I don’t think anyone’s used that phrase in conversation since 1954. But maybe they’ll start now that Wiz followed through on his promise to drop new song Different Cloth. The man is a trendsetter. Wiz recruits Cardo for the production on Cloth, resulting in a swirling and heavily layered beat that’s relaxed with just a hit of menace. And while there’s nothing surprising about Wiz’ trademark laid back swagger, it is at least a little surprising to hear Busta Rhymes coming through with a guest verse that’s about as slow as a Busta verse gets. While we’re still waiting to hear where Cloth will officially end up, fans can look forward to both the release of Wiz’ Live in Concert mixtape with Curren$y on August 9 and his currently unscheduled O.N.C.I.F. album.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.