Fresh off the blunted (and Booth-approved) cross-generational collaboration that was his and Snoop‘s Mac & Devin Go to High School soundtrack LP, Wiz Khalifa is already hard at work on his next solo street release. As evidenced by the latest single off the set, though, his partner-in-rhyme’s West Coast style has made a lasting mark on his style. On this slow-rolling selection, the new-school heavyweight takes a vacation from chilly Pittsburgh to enjoy some California sun—and, of course, some of the Golden State’s famous kush. Backed by Cardo‘s hypnotic synth production, Khalifa takes a moment to de-stress and contemplate his success as he cruises with the top down: “Still rolling weed on my XXL Only difference is that’s me on the cover / Once in a while call my little sister and tell her I love her / Cause sh*t can get crazy in this industry, most of your friends become your enemies / That’s why I stay down with the ones that’s still with me.” New mixtape Taylor Allderdice has yet to receive a drop date. In the meantime, fans can click here to support Khalifa in our Best of the Booth 2011 polls (where he’s nominated for three awards), as well as checking out California‘s official video accompaniment, viewable here.
Written by richard on 12/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.