Fresh off the blunted (and Booth-approved) cross-generational collaboration that was his and Snoop‘s Mac & Devin Go to High School soundtrack LP, Wiz Khalifa is already hard at work on his next solo street release. As evidenced by the latest single off the set, though, his partner-in-rhyme’s West Coast style has made a lasting mark on his style. On this slow-rolling selection, the new-school heavyweight takes a vacation from chilly Pittsburgh to enjoy some California sun—and, of course, some of the Golden State’s famous kush. Backed by Cardo‘s hypnotic synth production, Khalifa takes a moment to de-stress and contemplate his success as he cruises with the top down: “Still rolling weed on my XXL Only difference is that’s me on the cover / Once in a while call my little sister and tell her I love her / Cause sh*t can get crazy in this industry, most of your friends become your enemies / That’s why I stay down with the ones that’s still with me.” New mixtape Taylor Allderdice has yet to receive a drop date. In the meantime, fans can click here to support Khalifa in our Best of the Booth 2011 polls (where he’s nominated for three awards), as well as checking out California‘s official video accompaniment, viewable here.
Written by richard on 12/21/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)