Fresh off the blunted (and Booth-approved) cross-generational collaboration that was his and Snoop‘s Mac & Devin Go to High School soundtrack LP, Wiz Khalifa is already hard at work on his next solo street release. As evidenced by the latest single off the set, though, his partner-in-rhyme’s West Coast style has made a lasting mark on his style. On this slow-rolling selection, the new-school heavyweight takes a vacation from chilly Pittsburgh to enjoy some California sun—and, of course, some of the Golden State’s famous kush. Backed by Cardo‘s hypnotic synth production, Khalifa takes a moment to de-stress and contemplate his success as he cruises with the top down: “Still rolling weed on my XXL Only difference is that’s me on the cover / Once in a while call my little sister and tell her I love her / Cause sh*t can get crazy in this industry, most of your friends become your enemies / That’s why I stay down with the ones that’s still with me.” New mixtape Taylor Allderdice has yet to receive a drop date. In the meantime, fans can click here to support Khalifa in our Best of the Booth 2011 polls (where he’s nominated for three awards), as well as checking out California‘s official video accompaniment, viewable here.
Written by richard on 12/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.