Back with the visuals for his more mellowed out song Brainstorm, Wiz Khalifa, the Steel City’s finest, gives fans an inside look into his pre and post performance routine. (And yes, you guessed right, the herb consumption is definitely in full swing from start to finish.) The cynics may have a field day with this one based on the amount of braggadocio that he spits throughout the song, but none can say that this man has not landed a cult following by rapping about exactly what he now knows and loves. This head nodder, laced with a nice blues guitar over a heavy bass line, was produced by Taylor Gang in-house producer Cardo and can be found on Wiz’s Taylor Allderdice mixtape that dropped last week. Production alone lends a hand in giving this cut a more underground feel, so for those fans who missed the pre-Black and Yellow Wiz, this should serve as a perfect reminder that he’s still in fact the same Wiz Khalifa. He is just evolving, as all artists do, to remain relevant in the fast moving world of music.
Written by WriterJones on 03/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.