Back with the visuals for his more mellowed out song Brainstorm, Wiz Khalifa, the Steel City’s finest, gives fans an inside look into his pre and post performance routine. (And yes, you guessed right, the herb consumption is definitely in full swing from start to finish.) The cynics may have a field day with this one based on the amount of braggadocio that he spits throughout the song, but none can say that this man has not landed a cult following by rapping about exactly what he now knows and loves. This head nodder, laced with a nice blues guitar over a heavy bass line, was produced by Taylor Gang in-house producer Cardo and can be found on Wiz’s Taylor Allderdice mixtape that dropped last week. Production alone lends a hand in giving this cut a more underground feel, so for those fans who missed the pre-Black and Yellow Wiz, this should serve as a perfect reminder that he’s still in fact the same Wiz Khalifa. He is just evolving, as all artists do, to remain relevant in the fast moving world of music.
Written by WriterJones on 03/19/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.