Despite scoring a hit with ‘08’s Say Yeah, Wiz Khalfa still hasn’t managed to secure a release date for his debut LP, First Flight. While such delays would lead most artists to consider changing their label situation, Wiz is just getting started. In keeping with the aviation theme, the emcee’s set to take listeners to Flight School with the March 31st release of a new mixtape. Today, Khalifa, picks up his Boarding Pass and takes off for a lyrical training exercise, hoping he can make a strong impact when his flight lands. The ever-unpredictable Johnny Juliano laces the beat, which is highlighted by the synth-organ combo (similar to M-16‘s on Playaz Circle‘s Duffle Bag Boy). Check back in late April or early May, when Wiz spits his contribution to our DJBooth.net Freestyle Series.
Written by Burmy on 03/12/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.