I despise people who leak music. Sometimes a record is just meant to be heard and received in the way its creator intended. Therefore, when Pittsburgh star and DJBooth Freestyle Alum Wiz Khalifa’s first single (off of his yet-to-be-titled Rostrum/Atlantic debut album) subsequently leaked yesterday, I was greatly disappointed. Not by the song’s content, but by the manner in which it was initially presented. Once word spread, though, Wiz immediately took to Twitter and announced that he would be releasing the official version of Black and Yellow at midnight. Produced by hit-making team Stargate, Khalifa’s latest is a chest pounding nod to the colors of his football-crazed hometown, released just in time for Steelers season. How good is the song? You can say that Wiz plays Franco Harris on this one: turning a seemingly terrible situation into an outstanding win for his team. Black and Yellow is a truly special song, if not just because of how dope it is, then it overcame the possibility of being just another leak. With hit-potential written all this one, Black and Yellow is sure to get an immaculate reception.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 09/1/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)