After watching his debut album, First Flight, pick up dust on the label shelves for two years, Wiz Khalifa finally decided that it was time for him to part ways with Warner Bros. Wiz’ hardcore fans (many of whom are Booth-heads) won’t be surprised to hear that the Pittsburgh representative’s next move will be to get a new mixtape off the ground. On leaked title track B.A.R. (Burn After Rolling), the rapper lets fans know just how gone he is, explaining his reasons for saying “Goodbye” to his former label home as well as discussing his weed-smoking habits. Backed by a currently unknown producer’s synth-heavy boardwork, this track is everything a smoking anthem should be; those who light up will love it, but those who choose not to partake will also find a lot to enjoy. Burn After Rolling (the mixtape) has yet to receive a solid release date, but one thing’s for certain: now that Wiz is free from his major-label ball and chain, he’s got nowhere to go but up!
Written by Burmy on 09/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.