After watching his debut album, First Flight, pick up dust on the label shelves for two years, Wiz Khalifa finally decided that it was time for him to part ways with Warner Bros. Wiz’ hardcore fans (many of whom are Booth-heads) won’t be surprised to hear that the Pittsburgh representative’s next move will be to get a new mixtape off the ground. On leaked title track B.A.R. (Burn After Rolling), the rapper lets fans know just how gone he is, explaining his reasons for saying “Goodbye” to his former label home as well as discussing his weed-smoking habits. Backed by a currently unknown producer’s synth-heavy boardwork, this track is everything a smoking anthem should be; those who light up will love it, but those who choose not to partake will also find a lot to enjoy. Burn After Rolling (the mixtape) has yet to receive a solid release date, but one thing’s for certain: now that Wiz is free from his major-label ball and chain, he’s got nowhere to go but up!
Listen to More: Wiz Khalifa
Written by Burmy on 09/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.