After watching his debut album, First Flight, pick up dust on the label shelves for two years, Wiz Khalifa finally decided that it was time for him to part ways with Warner Bros. Wiz’ hardcore fans (many of whom are Booth-heads) won’t be surprised to hear that the Pittsburgh representative’s next move will be to get a new mixtape off the ground. On leaked title track B.A.R. (Burn After Rolling), the rapper lets fans know just how gone he is, explaining his reasons for saying “Goodbye” to his former label home as well as discussing his weed-smoking habits. Backed by a currently unknown producer’s synth-heavy boardwork, this track is everything a smoking anthem should be; those who light up will love it, but those who choose not to partake will also find a lot to enjoy. Burn After Rolling (the mixtape) has yet to receive a solid release date, but one thing’s for certain: now that Wiz is free from his major-label ball and chain, he’s got nowhere to go but up!
Written by Burmy on 09/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.