After watching his debut album, First Flight, pick up dust on the label shelves for two years, Wiz Khalifa finally decided that it was time for him to part ways with Warner Bros. Wiz’ hardcore fans (many of whom are Booth-heads) won’t be surprised to hear that the Pittsburgh representative’s next move will be to get a new mixtape off the ground. On leaked title track B.A.R. (Burn After Rolling), the rapper lets fans know just how gone he is, explaining his reasons for saying “Goodbye” to his former label home as well as discussing his weed-smoking habits. Backed by a currently unknown producer’s synth-heavy boardwork, this track is everything a smoking anthem should be; those who light up will love it, but those who choose not to partake will also find a lot to enjoy. Burn After Rolling (the mixtape) has yet to receive a solid release date, but one thing’s for certain: now that Wiz is free from his major-label ball and chain, he’s got nowhere to go but up!
Written by Burmy on 09/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)