After watching his debut album, First Flight, pick up dust on the label shelves for two years, Wiz Khalifa finally decided that it was time for him to part ways with Warner Bros. Wiz’ hardcore fans (many of whom are Booth-heads) won’t be surprised to hear that the Pittsburgh representative’s next move will be to get a new mixtape off the ground. On leaked title track B.A.R. (Burn After Rolling), the rapper lets fans know just how gone he is, explaining his reasons for saying “Goodbye” to his former label home as well as discussing his weed-smoking habits. Backed by a currently unknown producer’s synth-heavy boardwork, this track is everything a smoking anthem should be; those who light up will love it, but those who choose not to partake will also find a lot to enjoy. Burn After Rolling (the mixtape) has yet to receive a solid release date, but one thing’s for certain: now that Wiz is free from his major-label ball and chain, he’s got nowhere to go but up!
Listen to More: Wiz Khalifa
Written by Burmy on 09/8/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Say Yeah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)